Sunday, April 10, 2011

Finding a Focus Point for the Week


On Sunday nights, I almost always have a thumbs down moment when I think about starting the work week (even though I truly love my job). To put a positive spin on things, I think about something positive I can do for myself outside of work. In doing so, I like to establish a "focus point" for the week - something I want to prioritize.

This week I'm challenging you to pick a focus point. There are TONS of options, but I recommend picking something feasible. Examples:
  • Doing something active for just 20 mins each day
  • Getting 8 hrs of sleep every night
  • Keeping your kitchen or room clean all week
  • Meditating for 5 minutes each day
  • Saying a prayer every morning before you get out of bed
  • Going to yoga class 2 times
  • Scheduling one night just to yourself
  • Taking a load of clothes/household items to Goodwill
  • Journaling every night
Once you decide what your week's focus point will be, write it in the comment field below. I'll be sharing these ideas on an upcoming post!

This week my focus point will exercising each day, which will include exercising my dog. She deserves it too!

4 comments:

  1. I'm doing it! Do something active for 20 minutes each day. Get my booty in gear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Maria! Rock on. That's my focus point too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I going to yoga class 2 times this week. I already have one day down. My body craves yoga and it gives me a needed mental break in my day. Next week I really want to get 8 hours of sleep each day. It's a little sad that has to be a goal and isn't normal, but I'm working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Celeste - that is awesome. And two is a good target. About sleep, I will most likely be doing a series on this topic. It is INSANELY difficult for the average woman to get 8 hrs each night...I have been trying to accomplish this goal for YEARS. Anyway, stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete