Wednesday, April 13, 2011

How it feels to fly


One of my favorite songs by Alicia Keys is called "How it Feels to Fly." When I first heard this song, it really resonated with me - not only because it's beautiful, but I was inspired by a particular part of the song:

"If I can touch the sky,
I'd risk the fall
 
Just to know how it feels to fly"

Sometimes life is, frankly - scary. When we're anxious about a part of our life - whether it's a relationship, our role at work, or even running a half marathon - sometimes we become so hesitant to take risks and put ourselves out there because we don't know where the road will take us. It might end in disappointment, grief, frustration, or confusion. Pushing through things (not knowing the outcome) can be uncomfortable, but most often (when you look back) it's well worth it in the end. Ultimately, our life plans are not up to us anyway (this is my personal belief).

I hope you'll enjoy listening to this song! Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment