Friday, April 1, 2011

Introducing Quantum Wellness: The 8 Pillars


In this Blog, I hope to highlight Books that promote Wellness or have inspired me (or someone I know) in one way or another. As mentioned in my first Blog entry/introduction, one of my inspirations for starting this Blog was Quantum Wellness by Kathy Freston. While I'd encourage you to read this book (if you haven't yet), I did want to share (a part of) the book.

In Chapter Two, you learn about the 8 pillars of wellness:
  • meditation
  • visualization
  • fun activities
  • conscious eating
  • exercise
  • self-work
  • spiritual practice
  • service
These are Freston's "focus points" (for lack of a better word/phrase) for Wellness. In upcoming weeks, I'll be doing a series of "QW Pillar" posts, sharing some points that I particularly enjoyed about each pillar.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment