Monday, April 11, 2011

QW Pillar 4: Conscious Eating


The fourth wellness pillar in Quantum Wellness is Conscious Eating. This topic occupies a larger part of the book, as Freston talks about doing a 21 Day Cleanse in Chapter 5 (later, I will talk about this Cleanse and my experiences with what I call my 'modified 21 day cleanse' :).

In short, Freston explains: "It's crucial for your overall wellness that you give your body good fuel and that you bring awareness to your food choices" (QW, 31).

It's so important to think about what we are putting in our bodies each day. This doesn't mean striving for perfection, but being conscious about what we're eating (more often than not), the nutritional value of our food, the portions we're eating, and where our food came from.

During grace (before dinner) my good friend Marianne always says "thank you for this food and the hands that prepared it." For the record, I have always loved this prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment