Monday, April 18, 2011

The Yoga Adventure

Note: my goal is to perfect this pose someday! (Photo Source)

I've been practicing yoga (on and off) for roughly 5 years. I'll admit that I regret the times in which I stopped practicing. Even though certain elements of yoga (such as the chanting and the 'antics' of certain practitioners in the room...aka Seattle weirdos) are not for me, I firmly believe that Yoga is one of the best things anyone can do for their overall health - mental, emotional, and physical - and even spiritual. When I am actively practicing yoga, I feel calmer, more confident, more flexible, stronger, and my back pain goes away within just weeks of practicing. These are just a few of the benefits.

Recently I received a pretty awesome coupon via email to get a big discount off the 20 Class Pass from 8 Limbs Yoga. I decided to purchase it last week, and the adventure will start today! In upcoming weeks, my goal is to report on what I'm learning about yoga after each class I attend through sharing these "Yoga Findings." My good friend, Celeste, also is planning on getting the 20 Class Pass - so some of the insights might also come from her as well!

Wish me luck!

1 comment: