Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Yoga Finding #1: Shoulders

Triangle Pose (Photo Source)

This morning I attended my first of 20 yoga classes. The instructor was - frankly - a complete weirdo, but a very nice guy.

During one of the poses (Triangle), he came over and said to me "your shoulders are working too hard." I kind of laughed to myself, as it was no surprise that I was working too hard at something in yoga class (out of all things). He instructed me to relax my shoulders so that I could open up my back and breathe more. This was great advice.

Moving forward, I am going to be more intentional about taking moments (during the work day) to correct my posture, relax my shoulders, and breathe. It's so easy to build up tension when you're sitting around for 8 hours each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment