Good news: it is Friday, it's a beautiful day outside in Seattle, and it's the final day of my Facebook Free lifestyle. I have successfully accomplished all but one of my 6 goals.
Revisiting my to-do list:
1. Go to at least 1 Yoga class (not done - might have to squeeze in tomorrow)
2. Complete household purge + run to Goodwill (DONE AND DONE! 3 giant boxes to Goodwill)
3. Get in at least 2 solid cardio workouts (2 awesome runs DONE!)
4. Organize / clean-out book cabinet & bookshelf (Done and DONE!)
5. Read a book (or part of one) (Done!)
6. Spend more time outside! (Done and done x4)
I decided to google "Facebook withdrawal" this morning (just for good measure), and low and behold, I came across the most hilarious finding in the Urban Dictionary (Celeste, you will love this):
|1.||facebook withdrawal|| |
The process of seperating a facebook whore from his or her computer for an extended amount of time. The process is life-threatening and can result in extreme mood swings.
In withdrawal, users may go through four phases:
Some cases include instances where individuals try to use MySpace as an alternative, but this ends badly when they realize you cannot just click on the picture to make the next one appear
Facebook addiction is an issue with many consequences, one of them being, addiction withdrawal symptoms experienced when the facebook is discontinued. The symptoms of Facebook Withdrawal at times may be severe, if not life threatening.
Amy: Why is Ryan crying?
Sarah: Because he can't log onto Facebook.
Amy: Oh, so Ryan is having Facebook Withdrawal?
Sarah: Yeah, and now he is in the denial stage.
Source: Urban Dictionary