Saturday, June 25, 2011

Perfect start to a Saturday (Golden Gardens)

Rise and shine, Margie!

This morning I woke up at 8:00 am to the sounds of hundreds of Seattle vintage car owners revving their engines for the Annual Greenwood Car Show. Knowing that my dream to sleep in and have a quiet morning at home had come to an end, I decided to pursue a change in scenery.

Lucy and I headed to Golden Gardens in Ballard. I parked the car a couple miles away from the park to provide a solid power walk opportunity. When we arrived at the beach, no one was in site. It was a quiet, overcast day, and I just stood in silence, soaking in the ocean breeze on my face while Lucy ran in and out of the water and in circles around the sand.

Removing myself from the (admittedly happy) chaos on Greenwood Avenue this morning to go for a long walk on the water was truly revitalizing. Now I am at home watching "Eat, Pray, Love" while doing laundry and cleaning. I also have the benefit of top notch people watching. I am grateful for this day!

"Do we really have to leave?"

No comments:

Post a Comment