Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pocket Park Prayers


Some mornings before work, I take Lucy for a walk around the neighborhood. My favorite part of my regular loop is on 6th Ave NW, where I pass The 6th Avenue Pocket Park (yes, that's literally what it's called). It's a small, well kept .21 acre city park in the middle of east Ballard.

This park is the perfect place for a picnic and hanging out with friends - there is an authentic community/neighborhood feel. There's also a human sized chess game and a big sandbox for kids (or adults!). They have tables, benches, and great sitting areas. The park also makes a great date night, according to this very cute Seattle couple :).

When I walk past this park, I sometimes sit down for 2 minutes to stop, pray, listen, and enjoy a moment of silence. I continue my walk feeling more at peace, and more appreciative of my day. If you haven't already, find a place outside near your home that can be your "place of silence" that you visit once or twice a month. It's a great way to start the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment