Sunday, August 7, 2011

10 Days of Health: a realistic goal?


After yet another weekend of too much fun and feeling chronically tired (even with 8 hrs of sleep the last two nights!) it hit me that I needed to step up to the plate with my health. Unfortunately, I am (often) the queen of setting goals that I don't follow through with (usually because they're unrealistic). Thus, I wanted to think of a feasible "action plan." My result: 10 Days of Health.

Starting yesterday, I decided that I would commit myself to good health for just 10 days. I figure, more than a week would produce better results than 7 days, but two weeks might be overkill?


The key word that comes to mind: Discipline. Discipline is something that I feel very few people possess. I have some friends who are beyond disciplined in certain areas of their lives, whether it be exercise, eating, sleep, or spirituality. My friend Shawna works out Monday through Friday at 4:30 am without fail. She is in great shape. Her morning workout is key to her sense of peace and stability each week.

10 Days of Health - FOCUS POINTS (in order of priority):

1. Sleep!

2. Cut back on alcohol.

3. Exercise daily.

4. Eat healthy.

BONUS POINTS:
Join me in committing to 10 days of health! Let me know what your plans entail...and stay tuned for my findings!

No comments:

Post a Comment