Tuesday, September 27, 2011

10 Reasons Why I'm Pumped for Fall

In recent weeks, Seattle has witnessed a quick shift from one Season to another. It now gets dark at 7:45 and the rain's settling in more and more. The temperature has dropped quite a bit, and sunny days are no guarantee.

Many people complain about Summer being over - I totally get it. However, I happen to be VERY excited for Fall. Here's why (in no particular order):

1. I GET CRAP DONE.
In the Summer, whenever it's a nice day, I always feel guilty staying inside, especially on the weekends. I'm always traveling, eating out, and hanging out with friends. So what happens? I procrastinate my entire to-do list for roughly three months and find myself in a perpetual state of disarray. During the Fall, I LOVE the feeling of a cool, drizzly Saturday morning where you sleep in, have coffee at the kitchen table, and get tons of stuff done during the day (including errands and home improvements).


2. I WORK OUT MORE.
In the Summer, my version of exercise is a walk on the way to a neighborhood bar for happy hour. In the Fall, I get fed up (enough) with my Summer habits that I become highly motivated to get back into a daily routine. I do morning workouts each week, and thrive off of indoor workouts that push my body to its limit.

3. THE HOLIDAYS ARE QUICKLY APPROACHING!
There's no better feeling than knowing Thanksgiving (and Christmas) are just around the corner. I always get so pumped up knowing I'll get to spend QT with my family friends during the months ahead. Also, the holidays are excuses for great parties (including, but not limited to the Annual Hwy 99 Pub Crawl).

St. Francis Red Wine (one of my favorites!): Photo Source

4. RED WINE. Anyone who knows me knows I love my wine. And I especially love my red wine. Summer = white wine for me 80% 0f the time (what I crave) but the cooler months = red wine as much as my little heart desires. I love getting home from a long work day, getting into comfy clothes, and unwinding with a great glass of red. I also love getting together with friends and having fantastic conversations over a bottle of wine.


5. FOOTBALL SEASON. Om hello. Football season basically = Heaven as far as I'm concerned. I love my Seahawks. When I wake up on Sunday, there is this crazy energy that consumes me and my condo (note: with or without company) when I turn on the TV and know there will be great games going on ALL DAY. I get in a better mood right away. I love what a football game can bring to a community such as mine. Even better: a football game AT the stadium. Beyond amazing.


6. UW VOLLEYBALL. Incase you aren't aware, the Women's UW Volleyball Team kicks ass. A few of their games have been some of the most impressive sporting events I've ever witnessed. The games are at convenient times, affordable to get into, and a bunch of fun. They are so fast paced and you never lose focus. Watching the players reminds me of my love of the game, brings the athlete out in me, and motivates me to increase the intensity in my workouts. HECK YES.

7. PUMPKIN ALE.
If you live in Seattle and have not tried the Elysian Brewing Company's (Night Owl) Pumpkin Ale, you seriously need to get your priorities straight. Pumpkin Ale is incredible and you can only get it on tap during select months of the year, so I am particularly motivated to enjoy Pumpkin Ale this time of year. Please try it on tap first.

Incase you are a beer person, here's the scoop (Photo & Beer Source):

night owl pumpkin ale

Our Original Pumpkin Ale

Style
Pumpkin Ale

Body
Light to Medium

TASTING NOTES
A very drinkable pumpkin ale—brewed with seven and a half pounds of pumpkin per barrel and spiced in conditioning with ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and allspice.

MALTS
Pale, Munich, Crystal

HOPS
Lightly bittered with Magnum

SPECIAL
Both roasted and raw pumpkin seeds are in the mash, with pumpkin added to the mash, kettle and fermenter.

ABV: 5.9%

IBU: 18

AVAILABILITY
Fall Seasonal — 1/2 Bbl kegs, 22 oz bottles

8. MORE RELAXING.
At least for me, the Summer is a nonstop go go go lifestyle that is fun, but often stressful. In the Fall, things are still busy but they settle down a lot. Work gets more manageable and I spend more nights relaxing and enjoying the small things that matter most in life - sleep, friendship, family, health, and time for MYSELF.


9. CANDLES.
Candles are beautiful, calming, and sexy :). Fall gives me the excuse to burn them more often.

10. MORE HANG OUT TIME WITH LUCY.
I don't really need to elaborate on this one :).

My vote: embrace this Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment