Monday, September 12, 2011

The Boot Camp Begins!


On Monday, I had my first day of morning boot camp! I signed up for this camp a few weeks ago after being sick of not feeling where I wanted to be - fitness wise. I missed feeling STRONG and having awesome endurance (something I pride myself on that makes me feel truly healthy). I also wanted to learn new strength exercises and integrate outdoor workouts into my weekly routine.

My most favorite thing is working out outside, and in the morning. I love starting my day with a workout. It gets it out of the way, so I don't come home after work and debate whether or not I'm going to go workout (let me tell you, if I debate for more than 5 minutes, it's not going to happen). I'm also doing something for myself before anything else that day. When I finish a morning workout, I feel like a million bucks. I'm instantly energized and in a better mood.

The camp goes for four weeks (will finish on October 6th) and is Monday through Thursday mornings. It will be a challenge but I'm already enjoying it! Stay tuned for more updates on my Boot Camp findings. My hope is that it truly gets me in a long-term morning workout routine, and that I build muscle.

If you're interested in learning more about outdoor Seattle Boot Camps (for women) here are my favorites:

Seattle's Best Boot Camp (with Trainer, Chris Kirchoff)
Seattle Weight Loss Boot Camp (the one I'm taking now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment