Thursday, September 22, 2011

Week 2 of Boot camp

So, I have managed to complete two weeks of boot camp...and I am THRILLED. I am convinced that signing up for this camp has (to a certain extent) changed my life within a short period of time.

Getting up at 5:30 in the morning has not been easy, but it's been well worth it. I can't describe the feeling of finishing a class, heading home, and enjoying time for MYSELF in the morning, before I go to work. In the past two weeks I have used this "self window" to accomplish a laundry list of things, including dishes, cleaning my home, journaling, taking Lucy to the dog park, and more. I feel productive, energized, confident, and happy. I get to work earlier, and do not feel stressed out (like I used to), rushing off to work in a frenzy, worrying about a list of to-do items unaccomplished.

My instructor, Kimae, is wonderful. She is kind, enthusiastic, and radiates positive energy 24/7. She gives 100% each class and gives great individual coaching despite having 30 or more clients to work with at once. Thank you, Kimae!

When I began this camp, I also decided to give up coffee and sweets during the four weeks. It's been challenging, but also well worth it. Without my daily dose of coffee, I am calmer, less stressed, and I sleep better. I also save money each week without the usual trips to coffee shops. I also feel way better without sweets. It's less crap in your system and (I believe) keeps your blood sugar more stable.

Stay tuned for more updates along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment