Monday, October 31, 2011

BEDroom Makeover

When I make my bed in the morning, I leave a fresh flower on top of my pillow...kidding (Photo Source)

The other month, I had the realization that my bed was in desperate need of a makeover. For one, I'd had the same sheets for as long as I can remember, which is not a crisis but something to consider. For two, I HATED my pillows. They weren't even comfortable, but somehow I managed to stick with them for 7+ years. For three, I'm not (note: present tense) a fan of my mattress but decided to put the "buy a $1,000 + mattress?" debate to rest for the time being.

I was running all of this this past my family during dinner on night, and my Dad (who shops for one new thing about once every two years) looked at me and said: "Well, you spend a 1/3 of your life in bed, so it's something to consider!" Well said, Dad!

This weekend, I decided to go to Macy's and check out the selection, hoping to have a little success. Not only did I find the newer version of the sheets I already owned (new colors + higher thread count!) but there was a big sale. Along with a 15% off sale, I got another 15% off with my Macys card - not too shabby! I also splurged on really nice down pillows that were big time on sale. I am thrilled to say that I slept way better even on the first night.

I definitely recommend upgrading your BEDroom if any accessories have hit their expiration date or if you're not sleeping well - not something to compromise on!
Photo Source

No comments:

Post a Comment