Sunday, October 30, 2011

Flat Belly Tricks


Today (while I was working out at my new gym, which I'm obsessed with) I was reading my Health Magazine and read an article about tricks for flattening (or de-bloating) your belly. I thought the tips were pretty reasonable and wanted to share here, because let's be honest - who doesn't want a flatter belly?

1. DE-BLOAT YOUR DIET

Health writes: "The best way to get rid of a pooched-out belly: Fill up on fiber." Health advises to add a bit more fiber to your diet little by little so you don't overdo things. You can also try eating foods low in sodium and high in potassium, because they keep you from retaining water.

2. SKINNY UP YOUR SIPS

Make tea your go to drink (Health recommends Ginger and Peppermint varieties, two of my favorites) and try to cut back on alcohol, as it can irritate your bowels and cause indigestion.

3. KEEP THINGS MOVING

Exercise and try stretching exercises like body twists (see Sage Twist yoga pose below). Health says: "[Twists] brings blood flow to the intestines and soothes the stomach."Photo Source

Article Source: Health Magazine. "Flatten Your Belly in 3 Ways." October 2011, p. 54.

No comments:

Post a Comment