Monday, October 17, 2011

Putting ourselves on the to-do list

This morning I watched a touching interview on the Today Show. Ann Curry interviewed Giuliana Rancic, who made an announcement that she has breast cancer. In the interview, Giuliana talked about the sequence of events in her life, and the challenges she was facing prior to her diagnosis (trying to get pregnant, which lead her to getting a mammogram). She said: "we have to start putting ourselves on the to-do list." I LOVE this quote. It is so true. She also said "That baby will have saved my life...God was looking out for me."

I really admire Giuliana's courage and outlook on life and what she's recently gone through. Even though it can be challenging, we have to trust that things are happening in our lives exactly as they should be - even when it's not always what we want or think we want in the present.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

No comments:

Post a Comment