Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Every workout counts!

This is what I wore to the gym this morning...just kidding (Photo Source)

This morning my alarm went off at 6:00 am to cue me to go and workout. I was not eager to jump out of bed. After contemplating things for an unproductive 15 minutes in bed, I convinced myself that I just needed to GO. Worst case scenario, I'd workout for 30 minutes and at least do something healthy for myself.

I am so glad I went to the gym today. Not only did I have a great workout, but I did awesome core work with a LOT of much needed stretching, including my favorite tennis ball massage that I learned from a yoga instructor (check out the video below!).

Today I left the gym feeling like a million bucks, and was so glad I decided to get my butt out of bed. This week, when you're debating not going to the gym, think about the feeling that you'll have after you leave the gym, and hold onto it! If your body truly needs rest, that's okay too! :)

TENNIS BALL MASSAGE!

This video (and/or the fact that I posted this video) will make you laugh, but I swear that this technique is the most insanely awesome stretch I've learned in years! Try it out on your upper back, lower back, and buttocks. The first time you try it out (especially on your butt) you will most likely have a bit of pain, because you'll be accessing muscles that you rarely stretch during your workouts and day-to-day life. You'll feel as if you're "waking up" a lot of muscles and tendons that have been sleeping for a number of years - yikes! During the stretch, I recommend focusing on your breathing as much as possible to help you relax and wait for the muscles to open up. I typically spend a full minute in each area.

1 comment:

  1. I love this..."I contemplated this for an unproductive 15 minutes"...

    ReplyDelete