Monday, November 14, 2011

Positive Energy in New Orleans

This weekend, I had the opportunity to go to New Orleans for a work conference. The Rebuilding Together national affiliate network celebrated its 1000th home restored in the Gulf Coast since Hurricane Katrina. It was a very special moment, to say the least.

After my conference was over, I got to explore the city for a bit. I was truly inspired by the culture, community, and people of New Orleans. They were united, happy, and full of life, despite so many trials and tribulations since Katrina. People were honest, kind, friendly, and welcoming. They were proud of their city and each other, and their energy was contagious. It made me think closely about what I value in a community that I live in, and the people that I should surround myself with.

On Sunday, I had several hours to explore the city. Not only was the city fantastic, but it was absolutely GORGEOUS outside. It was 75 and sunny with a warm summer breeze. It was seriously Heaven walking around, having brunch indoors (or rather, outdoors) and soaking up everything I could. Thank you, New Orleans, for a great experience!

And for the finale...

Yes...I did visit Bourbon St and have a Hurricane - or two :)

No comments:

Post a Comment