Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thankful for the little things

I can't say that this year's Thanksgiving break was the total "stress free weekend" that I was hoping for it to be. Today I realized that the hope of a completely stress free weekend may no longer be a realistic option for me these days (which I am somewhat at peace with).

That being said, what I noticed this weekend were the "little things" - simple experiences that made me happier and more appreciative for the blessings in my life. I believe that the little things (especially when they add up) can make your day a lot better. I am thankful for being aware of these blessings during a busy and stressful time of year.

I AM THANKFUL FOR...

The beautiful and old architecture in Seattle + the Fall leaves that are amazingly still surrounding our city...

Going to a Seahawks game with my Dad (yes, win or lose)...

Incredible views and sunsets all throughout the city...

A sunny day on Alki in late November that felt like Summer...

Time with friends and family who love me, make me laugh, and drink great wine with me :).

Thanksgiving

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food,
For love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson (Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment