Friday, November 4, 2011

The wonders of Chobani Greek Yogurt!


In September, my boot camp trainer, Kimae, recommended Greek yogurt as a healthy power food (typically, Greek yogurt contains more protein and less sugar compared to normal yogurt). I hadn't been a huge fan of Greek yogurt in the past, but Kimae recommended the Chobani brand...I decided to give it a try.

This week, I tried three of their low-fat varieties and was pleasantly surprised! Chobani yogurt is really yummy, satisfying, and keeps me full for a while. I'm relieved because I had stopped eating yogurt almost entirely because it always made me feel icky afterward (the dairy and sugar dose?), and I felt way better with this kind. I've tried the Mango, Strawberry-Banana, and Honey flavors. I wasn't as big of a fan of the Honey but loved the first two.

Chobani Mango flavor nutrition facts:

-Calories: 160
-3 g of Fat
-65 mg of Sodium
-21 g of Carbs
-20 g of Sugar
-13 g of Protein
Link
Comparison to Low-fat Vanilla yogurt:

Calories: 208
-Fat: 3.1 g
-Sodium: 162 mg
-Carbs: 33.8 g
-Sugars: 33.8 g
-Protein: 12.1 g

No comments:

Post a Comment