Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas pick-me-ups

Two of my best friends, LaRoy and Zach. They make me smile always!

I'll admit that this holiday season has been an interesting one. While I am always completely stoked for Christmas and cherish the time with family and friends, it was a bit tough for me to balance everything in my life for the past couple of weeks. People always say that the holidays are a stressful time of year, and I think that this was one of the first times that it really sunk in.

In addition to work being very busy, one of my dear friends lost a loved one last week. My other friend is going through cancer treatments, and another friend just moved back to London (which means I will most likely not see her for a year). It was a bit tricky wrapping my brain around these changes while trying to soak up the goodness of the holiday season at the same time.

While I don't have all the answers and know that nothing will ever be perfect, I do know there WAS goodness this holiday season...and a lot of it. Here are some highlights!

Monica (R) with my friend, Marcy (L). Monica was home for the holidays from London!

My friends LaRoy and Michelle were home from China!

My friends Lulu and Ray. Lulu (best childhood friend) just moved home (permanently!) to Seattle! It will be such a blessing to have her in my life (locally).

Discovery Park with my Mom on Christmas Eve. Incredible. What a beautiful day in December (in Seattle)!

No comments:

Post a Comment