Saturday, December 24, 2011

Feeling blessed

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."-Anais Nin


This holiday season has been particularly special (already) because I have several friends who have flown home from all over the world - China, London, San Francisco, New York, and more. My best childhood friend, Lulu, officially moved home after being in Wisconsin for grad school. My close friends, LaRoy and Michelle, are home from China, after living there for over a year!

Last night, a few of my friends gathered around my computer to take a photo of us to send to our friends, Anna and Seth (in D.C. and unable to make it home for the holiday). The above picture (taken by my friend, Ray) absolutely illustrates the chaos that goes on when we hang out, along with how strong our bond is. I was thinking last night that we really haven't changed very much since high school. We're still the same, crazy and loving bunch!

Last night, I went to bed thinking "I am so blessed to have the greatest friends." What a great reminder during a busy (and often stressful) time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment