Wednesday, December 7, 2011

GET A GRIP - What kind of day do YOU want this to be?

Thank you, Ashley, for reminding me of you and your fabulousness often!

This evening I was sitting on my couch and had an unnecessary (mini) freak out. I was all of a sudden worrying about my messy home and all of the things I needed to get done and didn't know what to do with myself. I got fed up enough that I went to get my journal and have a mini "pow wow." This is what I wrote (full disclosure from the nutcase wellness blogger on a Wednesday evening):

"Margie, GET A GRIP. You need to get your s*** done and feel better. You can do it. You're a big girl.

Tonight you're going to do the following:

-Clean your kitchen
-Hang up coats

-Feed yourself
-Do one load of laundry

-Get a good night's sleep
-Get a great workout tomorrow!

IT IS UP TO YOU TO DECIDE WHAT KIND OF DAY THIS IS GOING TO BE!"

...

I'll admit I loved the end result of my journal rant. It is up to ME to determine whether or not I'm going to end a day on a good or bad note.

So, I did just that - I got up, put in "The Holiday" (one of my favorite movies), poured a glass of red wine into the adorable custom glass that my friend Ashley made me (Ashley was one of my incredible Wellness Divas who is seriously one of the most beautiful and put together women I know), and got to work. I unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, cleaned the kitchen, started laundry, gave Lucy a big hug, and enjoyed some great wine - and this was just within the last 1/2 hour!

Make tonight (or tomorrow) a GREAT day. Ultimately, you're in charge of your attitude and how you react to the situations you encounter. If we can learn (little by little) how to shift our attitude in the positive direction, it's amazing what we can accomplish!

2 comments:

  1. This was a great post and reminder! Can you send me a text every night and say GET A GRIP!?!? Seriously so true! And easier to get a grip with a glass of wine =)
    HP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heather! Glad you enjoyed. Maybe I should start a "get a grip" text messaging service lol.

    ReplyDelete