Thursday, December 1, 2011

Get outside!

Anyone knows me knows that I love the outdoors and am a huge nerd when it comes to obsessing about a sunny day at the park, great hike, or beautiful viewpoint in the city. The main reason why: when I reflect on my life and the moments when I've been the happiest and the most at peace, I was outside - traveling, at a park, on a hike, or sitting on a lounge chair reading a magazine (with a glass of wine, of course).

Research shows that if we spend time outside, our mood can improve in just 5 minutes! If you live in a city where the weather isn't the best during the Winter months, I find that even looking at photos I've taken of the outdoors can help! The photos remind me of what I value (and how blessed I am to have seen what I'm looking at) and motivate me to get outside the next time I have an opportunity. Even if it's not the best day outside, I've found that a 10 minute power walk can do wonders for my mood and energy.

Below are a collection of photos I've taken throughout the years to highlight what I'm talking about. Remember to get outside this week! If anything, it's a free mood booster.

Queen Anne, Seattle

Leavenworth, WA

Discovery Park (Seattle, WA)

Carbondale, CO (view of Mt. Sopris)

View from Ray's Boathouse in Ballard, WA

View of the bay in Fairhaven, WA

Golden Gardens (Ballard, WA) - props to Lucy

Discovery Park (Magnolia, WA) - once again...

The North Sea (Aberdeen, Scotland)

A walk through the park (Aberdeen, Scotland)

No comments:

Post a Comment