Monday, December 19, 2011

Giving meditation a try

Over the years I have heard more and more about the great health benefits of mediation (mentally, emotionally, and physically). I would not consider myself the "meditating type" but I have been pondering the practice more and more.

WebMD writes: "Often thought of as a hippy-dippy practice aimed at transcendence, meditation is coming into its own as a stress-reduction technique for even the most type-A kind of people."

Good to know!

One song that I have actually meditated to is called "Sea Dreamer," by Anousha Shankar & Karsh Kale, featuring Sting. I love the song not only because it's beautiful, but within 30 seconds of listening to it, I am at a much better place that I was before. It's an instant calm. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment