Saturday, December 31, 2011

Making 2012 a great year - because I decided it will be.


The other night, I was in bed doing some much needed journaling, and I wrote down the following:

2012 is going to be an incredible year for me.

Why? Because I'm going to make it a great year.

Mini story: A few weeks ago, I was having an off day. I felt down in the dumps and unmotivated to do anything. All of a sudden, I realized that I was responsible for setting the tone of my day, and that I needed to take ownership and move on. I was the biggest obstacle between myself and what I wanted to achieve.
...

The end of 2011 was not the most happy or exciting time for me (for a number of reasons I won't get into). One of the best things I learned this year was that I need to find more acceptance of myself in order to embrace that things in my life that aren't perfect. It's okay for me to be mad, sad, or unhappy. When I don't embrace not being okay, I don't really get better. I need to accept myself in the present, and do whatever I need to do (when I want to do it) to move on when I'm ready.


In thinking of next year, I can't be more excited for what's ahead. I've come up with three core goals for the year that I'm thrilled about. They are different than any other goals I've set in the past. They strive for quality over quantity, and they are all centered around taking care of myself and taking ownership over what I want in my life.

I hope that you feel confident in an incredible 2012. Make next year what YOU want it to be! Here are some of my own words of encouragement to you:

1. Spend time with the people in your life who love you and treat you with respect...and who make you laugh. :)

2. Do what YOU want to do each day - do what inspires you (not what you "should" do).

3. Live your happy life. NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment