Monday, December 19, 2011

YOU on the priority list


This morning, I was watching The Today Show with coffee and breakfast (my usual morning routine) and I saw a commercial that actually caught my attention. It said:

"It's time to put yourself on your priority list."

I really loved this quote because it's simple and a great reminder about taking care of ourselves during the holiday season. For the past few months, one of the reasons why I've felt overwhelmed is because I haven't done a good job taking care of myself. Even though the holidays are "time of giving" that doesn't mean we can't give to ourselves.

My challenge for you this week is to think about a gift you're going to give yourself over the holidays. This could be a massage, manicure, new running shoes, a gym membership, a new book, yoga class, or even scheduling a day at home all to yourself where you accomplish anything you feel inspired to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment