Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Zinfandel goodness


Tonight I'm enjoying a Zinfandel that my friend, Shawna, shared with me a while ago (note: today is Shawna's birthday! Happy birthday, friend!) Shawna brought this wine to my home for a dinner party a few months ago, and said it's her mom's favorite wine - SOLD!

I am typically not a fan of Zinfandels (this will sound snobby, but the Zinfandels I have enjoyed in the past have been pretty nice bottles, and this isn't usually the case for me with other reds). That being said, I LOVE Klinker Brick's Old Wine Zinfandel. It's so wonderful. Great with meals or as an everyday red.

DESCRIPTION 2009 Old Vine Zinfandel (Order here)

Download Trade Tools

Produced from vines with an average age of 85 years, this delicious wine exhibits a bright bouquet of wild strawberry and Satsuma plum, intermingled with cedar shavings. Filling the palate with flavors of black cherry and vanilla, supple tannins support good structure. The finish is smooth and long.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment