Thursday, January 5, 2012

The best holiday surprise!

Mariko (L) and Shayne (R) being goof balls...

Yesterday, my friends Celeste and Shayne came over to my place for wine and cheese. What I didn't know was that my good friend Mariko (our Rock climbing Wellness Diva!) was planning the best surprise I could ever ask for!

I was sad that I didn't get to see Mariko during the holiday season, but she told me that she would be back in January (from California) at some point. Little did I know (last night) that when Shayne "went to her car to get something" she'd be going to let Mariko into my building! Shayne came into my place followed by Mariko, who filmed my ridiculously loud and exciting reaction to her walking into the room. I just couldn't believe it.

I can't really put it into words, but seeing Mariko yesterday was one of the best surprises I could have asked for. Mariko is one of my most special friends and her energy, spirit, and love for others is something that I value every minute I get to be around her.

I couldn't believe that an average/tired day turned into the best day within minutes. I am so thankful for Shayne and Mariko and their effort to provide such a fantastic surprise for Celeste and I. It reminded me that the little things that friends can do for each other can make the biggest difference. I was happy all day at work and am still happy writing this post.

Thank you, Mariko, for being such a special friend in my life and for making me smile!

What can you do this week to surprise a friend of yours or make his/her day better?

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like the best surprise ever! I love what you said about the little things friends can do for one another that can make the biggest difference - could not agree more:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Megan! It really was. It was so unexpected and made my entire week.

    ReplyDelete