Sunday, January 15, 2012

A little tea detoxing


While my birthday last night was amazing, the "aftermath" of the bar portion was not. I have a few strategies for beating hangovers, and wanted to highlight one of mine: Tea.

I never thought that drinking tea could help cure hangovers (or feeling icky in general), but after reading a lot about certain types of teas, I've discovered some actually do the trick! Over the years, my body has changed a lot (related to alcohol tolerance). I now have to drink less and be strategic in how I prevent and work through the hiccups on special occasions.

Today I'm drinking "Get Clean" tea by The Republic of Tea. My friend's mom gave it to me along with other tea accessories as a house warming gift the other year. Clearly, she knew Monica and I were having too much fun. This tea is a Rooibos herbal tea with lots of other great stuff mixed in, including natural vanilla and honey flavors, which I love.

Info about this tea:

"Herb Tea for Detoxing - Had too much of a good thing? Feeling out of balance, a bit heavy or puffy? Then it's time to get clean.

This gentle naturally caffeine-free herbal detox blend helps the body help itself as it stimulates the liver*, one of our natural cleansing mechanisms. This product contains nuts.

Ingredients

Organic Rooibos (leaf), Milk Thistle (seed), Indian Sarsaparilla (root), Dandelion (root), Chicory (root), Burdock (root), Red Clover (herb). Other Ingredients: Natural Vanilla Flavor, Natural Almond Flavor

Do you have a favorite tea?

No comments:

Post a Comment