Sunday, January 1, 2012

Waiting for ladybugs


Tonight I am watching Under the Tuscan Sun, one of my favorite movies.

There is a scene about halfway through the film where Francis is talking to her friend Katherine about life and relationships. Katherine says:

"How are you going to be happy if you keep wallowing? ... Listen, when I was a little girl I used to spend hours looking for ladybugs. Finally, I'd just give up and fall asleep in the grass. When I woke up, they were crawling all over me" (Source).

I love this quote because it's so true with many areas of our lives. This year my hope is that I take more time to fall asleep on the grass and wait for ladybugs to crawl over me when I least expect it.

4 comments:

  1. I have not seen that yet, but it sounds like a good movie to try.

    http://www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Girlie blogger! How are you? How have you been?

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen this movie, but I love the quote. It really is a timely reminder, especially with the fresh start of the new year. Happy new year to you.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Erin! I hope you have a great NY as well. Under the Tuscan Sun is a GREAT movie. It came out a while ago, but I still love watching it.

    ReplyDelete