Saturday, January 7, 2012

Walking in the Rose Garden


Today I went on a walk with my friend Emily. We did a loop around Phinney Ridge through the Woodlawn Park Rose Garden. After years of visiting the garden, I was reminded (once again) of the peace that it brings me. Even though it was a cold and damp January morning, I felt calmer, happier, and more alive after walking through it. It made me think of the beautiful, sunny Spring and Summer days when the roses are in full bloom, and all I have to look forward to. I am grateful for "free" gifts like this in my life.

3 comments:

  1. I have never been there. Looks like a wonderful place to stroll around. Too bad it became so gloomy today :O(

    http://www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that place actually exists? It sounds Heavenly!!! I would love to wander through a place like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so beautiful. My favorite, however, is the rose garden in San Francisco (went there when I visited my friend Monica). If you are ever there for sure check it out!

    ReplyDelete