Sunday, February 26, 2012

Fab girls' afternoon!


This afternoon I met my friend Jessica for a movie and some shopping. What a GREAT way to spend my Sunday afternoon! It was the perfect pick me up. I got away from home, spent time with a wonderful friend, watched a fantastic movie, and treated myself to a few girlie products.

The recap:

1. "This Means War"

What a FUN film! Exciting, sexy, witty, heartwarming, and action packed - can you ask for more? I adored Reese Witherspoon (along with her two super hot companions, Chris Pine and Tom Hardy).



2. Trip to MAC at Norstrom

I was out of my favorite eye color (Expensive Pink) and lip gloss (Lipglass in "Date Night") so I killed two birds with one stone. Hooray!

3. Trip to The Body Shop

I got my favorite Body Butters: Mango and Coconut. They had a buy one, get one 1/2 off deal, so I said "okay!" Can't wait for a foot bath tonight.

Today made me realize that doing something mindless, girlie, and fun now and then is so import to my overall happiness and well being. I loved being with Jessica, seeing a movie (with hot dudes) and treating myself to some fantastic products.

Now I'm enjoying the Oscars with a healthy dinner, red wine, and Lucy. SO thankful for a positive ending to my weekend. Thanks, Jess!

3 comments:

  1. Totally. When you are wrapped up with work and serious stuff all the time, a little mindless entertainment always helps.

    Will we see the Real Housewives post soon? (just kidding)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like the PERFECT way to spend your Sunday! I'm so glad you treated yourself to all of those fun little things, and I have no doubt they each put a little pep in your step :)

    ReplyDelete