Friday, February 10, 2012

Heart healthy foods!


Today I got another helpful email from WebMD about heart healthy foods. It provides a fun slideshow talking about 20 heart healthy foods, and why each are of value.

Here are my favorites:

1. Salmon

2. Red Wine (hooray!)

3. Black Beans

4. Extra Virgin Olive Oil

5. Edamame

6. Almonds

7. Sweet potatoes

8. Oranges

9. Oatmeal

10. Cayenne Chili Pepper

Lucky for me, I happen to eat all of the above foods on a weekly basis! One of my favorite dinners that I cook is salmon + a black bean and brown rice side dish + salad, and red wine (Pinot Noir, of course). I add cayenne pepper to the bean and rice dish to give it a bit of a kick.

Complete slideshow: http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/ss/slideshow-foods-to-save-your-heart?ecd=wnl_wmh_021012

No comments:

Post a Comment