Sunday, March 4, 2012

Saturday Happiness!


I am so thrilled to say that I had the BEST day yesterday. I am so thankful that I finally bounced back from feeling the ICKs and February blues for such a long time. I think that since I was sick and completely unproductive all week, my body had stored up an incredible amount of energy to utilize once I was feeling well!


I started my day treating myself to a pedicure at my favorite place in Seattle, Spa Envy. Their spa is so nice and relaxing, their staff is incredibly kind, and they always do a wonderful job (I highly recommend going to Spa Envy if you're looking for a new quality place in Seattle!). Spa Envy was kind enough to do a fun "Spa for a Cause" event yesterday for my nonprofit, donating 15% of the proceeds to our organization (can you think of a better time to treat yourself to a pedicure?!) I was in a total pink Summer mood, and so picked my long-time favorite pink OPI color, Pompeii Purple. It turned out great!

I then ended up having the most productive afternoon at home. I was truly inspired to get a ton of work done, including cleaning my bathroom, kitchen, and living room, vacuuming my home, doing laundry, taking the trash and recycling out, changing my sheets, and more! I even decorated my home by adding special picture frames to my bookshelf that my cousin Robin and her family gave to me as a birthday present. Now I smile each time I walk past my bookshelf and see my favorite little cousins, Jillian and Anna.

Part way through my house cleaning project, I looked outside and realized it was one of the most beautiful days my city has had in months! I all of a sudden had an urge to go for a run with Lucy at Discovery Park - so I did just that! Even though I coughed my way through the run, I was so proud of myself for getting off my butt to take care of myself and spend time outside. The energy at the park was great and it was truly a unexpectedly gorgeous day in Seattle.

Later that evening, I went out with my friend Shawna to one of my favorite Seattle pubs, The Market Arms (of course, British :). We also went to a new bar in Ballard, the Urban Family Public House. They had about 20 beers on tap - I couldn't believe it!

I am so thankful that yesterday was fantastic. Being sick all week made me realize how important it is to take advantage of each day, especially when you are feeling well!

1 comment:

  1. Soooooo happy for you you had such a fabulous day! And love the quote at the end - so true!!!

    ReplyDelete