Friday, March 2, 2012

The sick STOP signal

This has been me this week (minus the perfect not-that-sick model look) - Photo Source

I am going to complain. I have been sick since Sunday (6 Days of sick = not cool). Normally I get sick one day, crash right away, and bounce back a day or two later. This time was not the case. Headache, fever-ish, cold, overall ick-i-ness - you name it, I've got it. And I'm SICK of it.

Tonight I had plans with my friends Shawna and Shomari. I was really looking forward to spending time with them and going to a fun event. When I told them that I couldn't go, Shawna replied with the following:

"Sometimes our bodies just need to be sick so we STOP."

I loved this point because it couldn't be more true. After weeks of spreading myself too thin and not taking care of myself it finally hit me: I needed to STOP. Getting sick appeared to be the wake up call that forced me to put on the breaks.

AND I'M OKAY WITH IT.

Yes, it's a pain in the rear being sick. My dog is sick of not doing anything, I'm behind with work, I feel AND look gross, and I had to cancel plans with my friends. However, the truth is that this week has made me think about taking better care of myself and knowing when I need to just STOP.

Try your best this week to think about when or if you need to STOP - before you get sick!

2 comments:

  1. You definitely need rest this weekend. Hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet - thank you! Indeed.

      Delete