Monday, April 9, 2012
Feel better instantly!
Today I read another brilliant article on mindbodygreen.com: "7 Things You Can Do to Feel Better Instantly." I liked the sound of it based on the title alone!
Here were the pointers (the abbreviated version):
1. Breathe more deeply (I'm in full agreement on this one after meditating for 30 minutes on Sunday!)
2. Drink water as soon as you wake up (for sure).
3. Add spinach to your smoothies
Interesting finding - according to this article, you can hardly taste spinach in a smoothie, and it has such good nutritional value that it's totally worth it! I'm definitely going to give this one a try.
4. Go outside (duh!)
5. Throw on your favorite song
6. Put down your fork between bites
We hear this so often and it's such great advice, but we do this so rarely! I think you have to be pretty intentional about this (aware) to make it a true practice. The article states: "This technique also helps to balance your weight and allows you to get to know your body." Love it.
7. Smile more!
Hooray! Read the full article (by Abigail Christens)!