Monday, June 25, 2012

Habits getting in the way

Today I read another great post from marcandangel.com entitled: "12 Habits Standing Between You and What you Want."  I wanted to share a few that stood out to me

Tolerating the influence of negative people. – Sometimes we forgive people simply because we want them in our life, and sometimes we let go of them simply because we have had enough.  Saying goodbye is one of the most painful ways to solve a problem, but from time to time it’s necessary.

 Expecting constant bliss. – True happiness is not found just within positivity, it is found within reality, which means accepting the fact that both positivity and negativity coexist.  Trying to be 100% positive all the time is wanting to be an ocean in which waves only rise up and never come crashing down.  However, when we recognize that the rising and crashing waves are part of the same one ocean, we are able to let go and be at peace with the way things are, which leads us to happier, more productive places in the long-term.  Read Stumbling on Happiness.

Being overly critical of yourself. – If you feel like everyone is judging you all the time, realize that we often feel this way when we are too busy judging ourselves.

What is one thing holding you back from getting what you want?

One thing I have asked myself in the past is the following:

"Do you believe you have the power to achieve you goals?"

Often times fear is the #1 thing in the way for me.  I want to run an 8K, lose x pounds, read a book, or accomplish a big task at work, but deep down inside, I sometimes fear not getting there.  That fear leads me to giving up instead of believing in myself that I have the power to accomplish what I want to (if I make it a priority).

No comments:

Post a Comment