Monday, July 30, 2012

Day MADE by Missy


Hopefully tonight you were watching the Olympics...and you were watching when Missy Franklin (at the age of 17) won the gold medal in the 100 meter backstroke. 

I'm fairly certain I haven't seen a more authentic or happy Olympic moment than what was captured during Missy's post-race interview.  All I could do was smile and watch her smile (as I teared up, of course).  I find it ironic that a 17-year-old demonstrated one of the most kind, professional, and positive Olympic interviews I've ever seen.

After watching the race, I came across a quote on my Facebook homepage that was rather relevant to the Olympics and thoughts I've been having about my own life and some of my dreams (cheesy, but true):

"When life gives you something that makes you feel afraid, that’s when life gives you a chance to grow strong and be brave. Nothing is permanent in this crazy world, not even your mistakes, failures, and troubles. If you keep your eyes open and your feet moving forward, you’ll eventually find what you need." Source: www.marcandangel.com

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment