Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pumpkin Sunday!


Since Fall has officially begun, I decided to start my Sunday the right way with one of my favorite breakfasts: Spiced Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes with Spiced French Roast Coffee.  It was truly amazing.

I posted the recipe to the pancakes last November after seeing it in my Health Magazine.  For the whole wheat pancake mix, I use Bob's Red Mill 10 Grain Pancake & Waffle Whole Grain Mix.  I like it because it's healthy nutritionally (has a good amount of fiber, protein, and is made with flax), and it doesn't have that dry/cardboard texture.  For the coffee, I combine fresh ground coffee with a few shakes of nutmeg and cinnamon, mixed together in the filter bag.  You can pick one spice to use alone, but I think it's way better with both!

I love Sundays where it's so relaxing and things don't feel "hurried."  When you can take the time to make Pumpkin Spiced Pancakes...while watching football :).

No comments:

Post a Comment