Sunday, September 9, 2012

The power of a morning walk


In the past I have blogged about how wonderful walking is.  I continue to be amazed by how much walking helps my mental, physical, and emotional well being.  In short, it sets the tone of my day and/or makes my day better if it wasn't on the right track to begin with.  I love walking because when I hit those moments where I feel like I have very little to give, I know that I can (at minimum) put on my shoes and leave my condo for just a bit.

This morning I woke up and my body was craving a walk.  It was an overcast morning, around 60 degrees, with few cars or people passing by.  Everything surrounding me felt so quiet and peaceful.

As I walked through the neighborhood with Lucy (and my soy latte, of course :), I instantly felt a sense of calm.  I felt a positive energy surrounding me and was thankful that I started my day with a walk. 

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a PERFECT way to start your day! Thanks for the inspiration :)!

    ReplyDelete