Sunday, October 7, 2012

20 INSTANT pick-me-ups!


Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a huge fan of what I call "instant pick-me-ups" - little things you can do to brighten your day, especially if you're in a funk.

Sometimes when we are in an "off mood" or feeling anxious inside, we simply need to DO something to move away from that weird place.  Even if it doesn't fix the issue entirely, it allows us to shift our thoughts and actions (even momentarily) toward something positive. 

Here are some of my most trusted (and cost effective!) pick-me-ups, in case you are in need of some new ideas.  In no particular order:

1.  Light a candle (yes, even during the day)

2. Spray down your counters (I am obsessed with Mrs. Meyers Clean Day Basil Scent Spray - it smells so good that I literally look forward to cleaning)

3.  Jump up and down (thank you, Gretchen Rubin!)

4.  Put in your favorite happy movie while you clean your home (a few of mine: Something's Gotta Give, Under the Tuscan Sun, He's Just Not That Into You, Sex and the City)

5.  Take out the trash and recycling

6.  Take a shower/bath!

7.  Stretch!

8.  Read The Happiness Project

9.  Go for a 20 minute power walk

10.  Do downward dog pose (or other yoga poses)

11.  Close out of Facebook, email, etc.

12. Go to the gym

13.  Journal - just get everything out.  Don't judge yourself for what comes out on the page....just WRITE and feel empowered by doing so.

14.   Make cucumber water.  Or lemon water. 

15.  Change your sheets

16.  Start a load of towels

17.  Go get a manicure (note: my favorite place in Seattle only costs $15.00!)

18.  Call your funniest friend that always makes you laugh within 2 minutes of speaking with him/her (for me, this is my friend Monica - who finally just moved back to the States!)

19. Vacuum

20.  Pull out a sheet of paper and write a list of 20 things you are grateful for

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh! I loooooove this! Could you please do more of these types of post? Your ideas are always so inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete