Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The story of the M necklace


I wanted to share a little story about a friendship gesture that meant a lot to me during the holiday season...

A few days ago I got to see my good friend Mariko who was home for the holidays.  We met to watch the Seahawks game with our brothers, and it was such a fun time.  During half time, we were catching up and I noticed she was wearing a darling gold "M" necklace.  I told her how much I loved the necklace and how I'd been looking for something like it for myself for some time.  Without any hesitation, Mariko took off her necklace and said "Margie, I've had my M necklace for a while, and now it's time for you to have yours...besides, we don't get to see each other often so you can think of me when you wear it."  She then put the necklace around my neck.

This could not have been a more authentic, sweet gesture.  If I wasn't at a crowded bar watching a football game with beer and dudes, I most certainly would have started crying :).  That moment reminded me of how thankful I am to have Mariko in my life and how much I treasure the times we are together.  

 
 Thank you, Mariko, for your friendship!


2 comments:

  1. Oh I got chills when I read what her gesture was! She sounds like an amazing friend and I'm so glad you both have each other!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megan, that's so sweet! She is a great friend.

      Delete