Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Respecting your body


Today I came across the above quote.   I really like it because it got me to think differently about why I (try to) exercise, eat healthy, get sleep, etc.   Ultimately, it's because we only have one body, and taking care of that body is showing respect to ourselves.

I also stumbled upon a related article about being "kind" to your body.  I loved the 7 pointers the article recommended, several of which I've thought about in recent months.

The quick list:

1. Remember to relax!
2. Be careful about negative thoughts
3. Choose the right beauty products
4. Be aware of what you eat
5.  Remember to exercise!
6. Listen to your body
7. Remember to breathe!

You can read the full article here: http://nz.lifestyle.yahoo.com/beauty/trends/article/-/14599078/new-concepts-of-being-kind-to-your-body/

No comments:

Post a Comment