Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Starting the New Year right!


This morning I woke up to the most beautiful weather in Seattle.  It felt so rewarding to start off 2013 with sunshine.  I felt so lucky to wake up and see the beauty around me.  It felt like God was saying: "Welcome to 2013!  Everything is going to be okay, Margie."

I knew right away that I needed to go to Discovery Park, my favorite place in the city (if you have read my blog for a while you have probably heard this and seen photos 50 times).  My friend, Shawna, went with me and we had a great time.  The viewpoints were out of this world!  It was so fantastic to start the New Year with the outdoors, exercise, friendship, and Lucy (of course). 




After the park we went out to lunch and had an awesome, non-rushed, REAL conversation.  We caught up on a number of things, including a few tough experiences we were each going through.  It felt so great to take quality time to share about our challenges and growth over the last few months and talk about our mind frame for 2013.  We both agreed that it won't necessarily be an easy year, but that we are truly excited for the journey ahead and what we're learning.  We both trust that good things WILL happen.   I feel so thankful to have arrived at this place.

How are you going to start off the New Year on a positive note?
It also reminded us how much

1 comment:

  1. I actually thought of you this morning when I went to my Boxing Bootcamp at the absolute crack of dawn, haha. Didn't want to go, was still asleep once I got there, but I couldn't help but smile and dance throughout class.

    Long story short, I started this year off on a positive note by trying to focus on the positive in all that I do, rather than the negative that may quickly come to mind :)

    ReplyDelete