Thursday, April 4, 2013

A night of cleaning, beauty, wine, and Friday Night Lights

A solid pick-me-up on a Thursday night (photo source)

Tonight I wasn't in the best "emotional state" when I left work.  Even though I thought about working out, I decided that I needed a night at home to take care of myself at home.  This resulted in a major kitchen clean up, cooking a healthy dinner, drinking wine, putting on my favorite face mask, and watching Friday Night Lights (one of my favorite shows!).

It proved to be a great choice - I feel less stressed, more relaxed, and am loving sitting on the couch spa-ing it up while drinking Cab Sav (Genesis)!  My dinner was also lite and refreshing - a fresh arugula salad along with quinoa.  Last but not least, my latest favorite beauty product:

As you may have read before, I am in love with Eminence Organic Skincare.  It is pricey but lasts a long time and is SO great for your skin.  I have sensitive skin and so typically do not respond well to facial masks, but the Calm Skin Arnica Masque is specifically made for sensitive skin and is great for people with Rosacea.

When is the last time you spent an evening at home to really take care of yourself?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous night! And definitely well-deserved :). I've been trying to do this a lot more lately - letting go of the pressure to go out and socialize, and focusing more on taking care of myself and focusing on what my needs are. You can't help but feel more refreshed, calm and rejuvenated :)!

    ReplyDelete