Thursday, April 25, 2013

Letting go of the life you planned



One concept that has been pretty big for me this year has been accepting myself and my life - AS IS - and living in the present.  Often we focus so much on the future and the picture we have painted in our head of what our life "should" look like.  Sometimes we get so wrapped up with this kind of thinking that we forget to be grateful for our blessings and the greatness of every day life.  I once was told by someone that "you have to first accept not having everything you want in order to move forward with your life and be happy."  At first I had a hard time wrapping my brain around this idea, but now I am learning (step by step) how true it is.

I came across this quote on Facebook today and wanted to share with all of you.  Happy Thursday!

"You will not get what you truly deserve if you’re too attached to the things you’re supposed to let go of. Sometimes you love, and you struggle, and you learn, and you move on. And that’s okay. You must be willing to let go of the life you planned for so you can enjoy the life that is waiting for you" (Source).

1 comment:

  1. This is such great insight - thank you! I too have a hard time letting go, but the ideas you shared are so helpful (and healthy!)... Thank you :)!

    ReplyDelete