Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Scottsdale bliss


Today I got back from what I've realized was the most needed vacation I've taken in a LONG time.  I spent the last 5 days relaxing in Scottsdale with a few of my girlfriends, and it was exactly what I needed.  It was honestly a big wake up call for me.  I thought, why did I wait 9 months to take a real vacation

By the end of my trip, I learned that you really can't put a price on the feeling of absolute tranquility on a vacation - when you just stop what you're doing to take a deep breath and say "I am so happy and lucky to be here, in this moment."  I experienced this feeling mostly when I was sitting in the sun, on a lawn chair, quietly, with a great book :).  The house we stayed at looked onto a golf course.  Whenever we were outside, you could only hear the buzzing sounds of adorable wildlife (seriously, we're talking bunnies, quails, and geckos) and the laughter of my friends. I slept 8 hours every night, started my mornings with exercise, and ate healthy food (with perhaps a bit too much wine). 


One of the best parts about my trip was that I completely let go of work and my life back at home.  I love my job and am thankful for my blessings, but things got to be just way too much prior to my trip.  I was not in a healthy or happy place.  I promised myself that when I arrived in AZ, I would live in the present for the rest of the trip.  I am so glad I did - otherwise I would have had regrets. 


 

When is the last time you took a REAL vacation for you?             

No comments:

Post a Comment