Monday, June 17, 2013

Welcome back, outdoor yoga!


Tonight I headed to yoga class at my gym.  I was excited for yoga but felt a bit bad going to the studio when it was such gorgeous day in Seattle (think: 78, clear blue skies, mid June!).  When I ran into my wonderful instructor, Michelle, she told me she decided to move our class outdoors!  I couldn't be happier to hear the news.

If you've read my blog for a while, you know that outdoor yoga is one of my most favorite things in the world.  It really is one of the most incredible mind/body experiences I have encountered in my life.  I haven't done outdoor yoga since last Summer, so it was particularly exciting to "start the season" of outdoor yoga.  I felt so lucky that I got to spend my evening doing something that was so great for my wellness.  My most favorite thing about yoga is that it forces me to stop, take a deep breath, and spend totally interrupted time focusing on myself, my body, and the positive parts of my life - this is a rare occasion for me.  Adding the outdoor element is just the icing on the cake!

I am very thankful for such a happy Monday, and people like Michelle who are so kind and committed to teaching such an amazing practice that creates peace in an often frenzied world.  Tonight I went straight home to add yoga to my calendar every Monday this Summer.  I hope this "place holder" will remind me to prioritize the special opportunity whenever possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment