Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Honoring the morning walk


For the past month, I have been very committed to my health - particularly, with exercise.  I have prioritized my morning (usually the gym or a run) workouts 7 days a week, every week, and have loved how much it's impacted my well being.  In short, feel stronger, healthier, and more at peace.  However, this morning I woke up and was not in the mood to drive to my gym or do one of my regular workouts.  What I really was craving was a walk with Lucy around my neighborhood - and so I did just that. 

It was so quiet in my neighborhood at 6:30 AM compared to my weekend 9:00 walks.  There was a cool breeze and the sky was beautiful.  It was great to walk around and reflect on the day ahead of me and what kind of a day I wanted to make it (obviously, a great one).

Lucy also definitely enjoyed the walk, which involved a break at a little park for her to run around in circles like a crazy lady :).



What kind of exercise refreshes and centers you?

No comments:

Post a Comment